SWMCO is hiring an experienced Electrician/Field Service Engineer to service our Central Texas/Austin Territory. In this role you will be responsible for project management, basic electrical installations, electrical equipment testing and service contract management.
- Perform in house electrical installations, battery maintenance, IR Scanning, transformer testing, surge protection startup/testing and service sales quotation.
- Project Manage new equipment installations deployed through SWMCO commercial sales division.
- Manage in house and contracted labor. May perform work of lower level electricians.
- Ensure that in house and vendor resources are adequate and capable to support the construction schedules and project demands.
- Manage equipment quality including review of specifications, estimating and quoting, scheduling, review of supporting submittals, execution of installation and commissioning/testing.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Must have overall well rounded expertise in commercial and industrial electrical construction including 3 phase low voltage power projects in excess of a megawatt. Specific expertise in Data Center electrical systems, controls, power management, is a huge plus.
- In depth understanding of the NEC
- Ability to troubleshoot complex performance problems.
- Expertise in working around energized electrical work, control of hazardous energies, proper PPE for the task, lockout/tag out procedures, and kirk key schemes.
- Comprehension of critical-path schedule development, management of trade performance and productivity
- Ability to read and provide feedback on electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Helpful to be proficient with computers to include the utilization of Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Able to work in a team environment. Even tempered and able to work through conflict with others. Flexible and willing to consider others ideas but confident enough to determine proper direction.
- Ability to manage stress in a sometimes fast paced multi project environment effectively.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Master Electrician with a background in industrial, commercial or data center electrical systems.
- >5 years in the trades
- >3 years' experience in the data center industry